Things are kind of in turmoil, right now. Amongst other things, I seem to be having some rather serious difficulty accessing my Ravelry account. I don’t know why. In the meantime, here is this week’s Freebie Friday post, with patterns accessed thanks to a relative’s account. Apologies if the post is a bit short on words, Stuff is Happening. Sufficient to say I’ll be sorting out the problems with my Ravelry account when Stuff calms down enough that I have the time and energy to do so.
Freebie Friday rules are a little different to Ravelry Monday rules, and are as follows:
- The pattern needs to be free.
- The pattern does not HAVE to be a Ravelry download, but must be listed on Ravelry.
- The pattern must have a photo clearly showing the item.
- The pattern still needs to produce a professional looking item and have the necessary information for potential makers.
- Clothing for adults must still be available in plus sizes.
- An item showcased on Freebie Friday may still be showcased on Ravelry Monday, if it fits the brief for that day.
So, without further faffing, here are my favourite free designs of the week!
Lace Shawl with Diamond Pattern
A very pretty, delicate lace-wight shawl with an attractive leafy border. Available as a free Ravelry download.
Tschuss Frau Holle
A simple but pretty aran-weight toque, with an attractive striped and spotted pattern. Available as a free Ravelry download.
Construction Site Cowl
A unusual worsted-weight cowl with a fun pattern, ideal for working up in bright, contrasting colours. Available as a free Ravelry download.
- Freebie Fridays – Belated Edition (whippedstitches.wordpress.com)
- Freebie Fridays (whippedstitches.wordpress.com)
- My Ravelry Wish List (rorschachcoffee.typepad.com)
- Ravelry Mondays – Spring Cowl Edition (whippedstitches.wordpress.com)
- Ravelry Mondays – Sweaters and Cardigans (whippedstitches.wordpress.com)