I’m nominated for a Liebster award? Yay!
This is certainly an unexpected happy-making moment! After receiving my nomination, I took the time to go and find out what it’s all about. The Liebster aware works like this:
1. Post eleven facts about myself
2. Answer the questions given to me by the person who nominated me
3. Invent eleven questions to ask people whom I wish to nominate for the award
4. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link to them in my post.
5. Go to their blog and tell them.
Eleven Facts About Me!
- I’m from Essex, and am very much an Eastend girl at heart.
- I’m a Norse Pagan, but not a reconstructionist.
- I drink way too much cheap coffee.
- I actually prefer herbal tea to coffee, but ration it to save money.
- I have far too many hobbies.
- I’m a writer! I’ve had one piece of work published and have ghost-written several other pieces for others.
- My life will never feel complete until I have kept at least one ferret, rescued one hedgehog and milked one goat.
- I’m a little obsessed with bats.
- I absolutely cannot deal with the heat.
- Nothing is as nice as going for a walk on a damp, grey, rainy day when the wind is strong enough to sting your cheeks.
- I love Autumn. The colours, the Pagan holidays, the feeling of celebration and harvest and plenty and the approaching restfulness of a sleeping world.
Question Time for Me!
- Tea or Coffee? – Coffee! Unless by tea you mean rosehip and hibiscus, liquorice and spices, or fennel herbal tea. Because those are lush.
- What do you do to unwind every evening? – In theory I unwind by knitting, but in practice I sit there looking slightly put-out while my boy cat, Loosh’, smothers my lap and lays across both my arms, stopping me from doing much of anything.
- Do you have any pets? – Two cats, Looshkin and Splodge, and I suppose I could count the bees currently nesting in the roof, since I feed and water them.
- Why did you start your blog? – I really wanted to write more. I love writing, but I find it really hard to keep up with practice, even going so far as to fail at 750words, let alone NaNoWriMo. Writing a blog about hobbies I love doing and love sharing has turned out a far better way of going about it.
- What’s your favourite type of music? – I have eclectic tastes! My playlist includes hippy stuff like Damh the Bard, unusual stuff like Yat Kha, British classics like Oasis and Skunk Anansi, and a lot of metal. Probably easier to say my current favourite musicians/bands are The Protomen, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Professor Elemental and Nine Inch Nails.
- Do you have any favourite colour combinations? Purple, black and white is a nice, striking combination. Red, grey and black works well, too.
- In a nutshell, what is your blog about? Crafts! It’s a blog for sharing my projects and patterns, sharing tutorials, resources and freebies with other crafters.
- Are you in school? College? Working? Where do you work or what are you studying? Currently unemployed, or as our beloved government and Daily Mail readers would call it, workshy scrounger scum.
- Any favourite foods? Tear off a chunk from a tiger bread baguette and pass the hummus!
- What’s your favourite time of year? Autumn. It’s the time of my favourite Pagan holidays, the weather is cooler, the allotment is bursting with produce and the world turns to such gorgeous colours.
- What makes your blog different? Possibly the fact that I’m somewhat less averse to swearing like a bleedin’ sailor than other craft bloggers?
My Questions For Others!
- If you could save one species from extinction, what would it be?
- What’s you’re favourite genre of fiction?
- Do you have any pets?
- So what’s your blog about, anyway?
- Cooking or Take Out?
- What’s your favourite holiday?
- If you could make one thing about the world different before you died, what would you change?
- What’s your favourite celebration food?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- What’s your favourite way to move your body?
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
My Nominations, in no particular order.
- Knits for Life
- Fat, Fashionable and Feminist
- Wool and Chocolate
- Knitting in the Garden
- Colour Cottage
- Suzy Sells Sea Shells
- Tutus and Tiny Hats
- Little Stitch
- Stitch Play
- Mahoor Jamal
- Liebster Award (knitmethis.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award! ♥ (jennamakesthings.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award (asanempokasghanaway.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award (thelissachronicles.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster (joseasanoj.wordpress.com)