Just a couple of quick photos of my WIP shawl.
As you can see, I’m going for a fairly robust, gender-neutral shawl. The main part of it is knit solid and I plan to finish with a nice bit of pretty, but not too delicate, lace. Probably incorporating nupps or other bold, textural elements. I didn’t want the main body to be too plain, so rather than knitting in stockinette stitch I’ve gone for a nice, textured surface that will hopefully look pretty cool once it’s blocked.
The yarn used is a DK weight yarn, and I hope the finished piece will be useable as a wrap for the head, a shawl or a scarf when it’s done. I’ll keep you apprised of my progress!
- Knitting Shawls and Drafting Patterns (whippedstitches.wordpress.com)
- WIP – The Magic of Lace (and provisional cast ons) (measuredandslow.com)
- Next Project – Lace Circular Cardigan (whippedstitches.wordpress.com)
- Swatches and Shawls (hollychayes.wordpress.com)
- WIP – What’s in the basket? (sageyarn.wordpress.com)