Just a quick little post. I’ve been playing with some fibre scraps and leftovers in between spinning my new blend. When I first learned to spin, it was using a drop spindle starter kit I received as a Crimbo gift, which came with a few balls of blended merino roving. At the time I spun them up with little idea what I was doing, and mostly ended up making a mess.
The other day, I found one of those messes and, after cutting most of it up into short pieces to put in the nesting-material holder I leave out for the birds, was able to salvage just a small amount to respin. I also spun up some leftovers from a merino blend I’ve had hanging around, to test out a new spinning method I wanted to try, and finally turned the carrier rods from the silk sample pack I received into something.
The result was three cute little mini skeins. Not enough to knit with, but they should add some interesting texture to embroidery, if I couch them. Or I might keep them as they are, as decorative items.
- Hooray! An incredibly overdue post! (whippedstitches.wordpress.com)
- Ravenswing Yarn WIP Update (whippedstitches.wordpress.com)
- I’ve Been Spinning Like Mad (all-she-wants-to-do-is-knit.com)
- How much to spin? How do you figure that out? (fibercompulsion.wordpress.com)
- Saturday Morning…Plying (timesunion.com)